Wednesday, March 13, 2013

52 Projects (or 36 and counting...)

In addition to the benefits of a car-free lifestyle, I recently stumbled upon another way to motivate myself to devote time to creative pursuits this year: the 52 projects. The idea is nothing revolutionary, just making a list of 52 creative projects (large or small) to accomplish in 2013. There is a book entitled 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity  if you need some inspiration.

So far I only have 36 on my list but I'm sure I'll add more as the year goes on. The list has already inspired me to start or finish some projects, such as (ahem) this blog. Others on the list include some long-unfinished objects of the knitted variety, simple finishing touches that will make objects usable (finally putting names on our Christmas stockings, for example), a baby scrapbook for my second-born, homemade birthday cakes for the family birthdays this year, and projects to harness my interest in creative writing.

I love having plenty of endeavors on tap for those lovely, stolen moments of creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment